This will be a huge year for IT contract staffing in Ottawa as the number of IT contractors continues to rise. As direct permanent hiring bounces back in the private sector many firms are now choosing IT contract staffing running their services through an Ottawa Employment Agency. Choosing an IT contract staffing Employment Agency from Ottawa allows IT contract consultants to have the staffing firm do the job hunting for them and in many cases lining up their next IT staffing assignment while the IT contractor is still finishing their last assignment.
Employment agencies do get a percentage of the IT consultants per diem but they do work for it. In such a competitive market for Ottawa employment agencies including Keynote Group we must engage clients on a daily basis, selling our IT contracting and staffing services and having clients recognize why their services are more attractive for IT staffing than the competition.
At Keynote it’s simple; our clients recognize our passion for what we do. Keynote ensure every it contact staffing consultant they place on an IT contract not only has the technical abilities the clients are seeking but as well the soft skills to ensure a cohesive fit once they start work so we do not disrupt the clients workforce. We don’t stop there…Our IT staffing contractors are in constant contact with their dedicated IT staffing manager throughout their IT staffing engagement, I know it’s a cliché but yes, we actually become friends with our consultants and most are on long term IT contract after IT contract with us, developing long term relationships and working as their employment agent.
So what does this year hold for an Ottawa Employment Agencies in the IT contract staffing world? We are expecting even more growth and strength. Here is our IT staffing contract thoughts:
- Ottawa IT Staffing Models – One thing we have seen is the change from an old, directly hired IT staffing workforce to a more complimentary workforce model that includes both permanent employees and it contract staffing contractors. In this new IT staffing model, companies maintain a smaller base of traditional, permanent employees and now employ an IT contract staffing group of IT contractors that can be scaled up or down at any given time to meet business requirements at hand. This provides companies with flexibility, huge cost savings by way of government burdens, benefits, paid leave, etc., and reduced liability.
- Technology – The growth of the Internet and more importantly, mobile devices have changed the IT employment landscape forever, Many Ottawa IT staffing consultants now work remotely from home. Our IT staffing clients are telling us more and more the IT staffing consultants only need to come into the office once per week for meetings or at time even once per month. Any time a meeting is required, Skype is the communications platform of choice.
- New Kids on the Block are Choosing contracting lifestyles – The newer and younger members of the workforce like IT contracting and working with an Ottawa Staffing Firm because the IT contracting lifestyle offers new challenges, exposure to many technologies, flexibility in their IT contracting hours and much more significant control over their career and the ability to work on newer technologies, gain experience and most importantly – network. Keynote Group believes, we will see more, younger IT technically brilliant individuals deliberately move towards IT contract assignments career choices in Ottawa over the traditional permanent employment of the past.
- Ottawa IT Staffing Consultants are retiring – being from the Ottawa Staffing world, these “older” individuals are now becoming more secure to use the word “retirement”, creating Ottawa IT contract staffing opportunities for the younger generation to move into. Now it all sounds great but with the older guys retiring it also leave a gap in the Ottawa Employment arena of a vast amount of knowledge. This gap opens the door for younger IT staffing consultant and believe it or not opens the door to the largest wealth of knowledge out there, the permanent employee who retired and finds themselves bored so they contact an Ottawa Employment Agency and go back to work as IT staffing Consultants.
- The future of Ottawa contract staffing – Keynote Group believe that IT contract staffing will remain a strong source of revenue for Ottawa Staffing Firms throughout 2016 especially in the IT world which is the and always was the ideal industry for contract staffing in Ottawa. Contract staffing has grown up and which used to be looked as a career for someone who could not get or hold a permanent job is now the becoming the preferred choice of employment in Ottawa for many younger job seekers in Ottawa.
About Keynote Group an Ottawa Executive Search Agency
Employment Services Ottawa is a Keynote Group Ottawa headhunter Agency that is currently seeking candidates for Ottawa IT consulting jobs.
Keynote Ottawa is an Ottawa Search Firm specializing in Ottawa Executive Search and Ottawa IT Consulting.
Keynote Group Ottawa is an Ottawa Search Firm additionally specializing in IT jobs, IT consulting in Ottawa and Ottawa Headhunter services. Keynote Group Ottawa seeks to place candidates in Ottawa Jobs to gain experience in Ottawa Employment by seeking experience with an Ottawa Executive Search firm.